Thursday, March 12, 2009

Citizen Kane


I was browsing local art theater The Terrace's website when I noticed they were doing screenings of Citizen Kane (1941). By chance I mentioned it to a friend and we called to see how long it was playing and if it was an actual film screening or a dvd. The answer was film and today was the last day. So I went to the one o'clock screening and watched Citizen Kane on the big screen, the way it was meant to be seen. And even better: the theater was almost empty, and the 2 couples there walked out. So I basically had an intimate screening of what is perhaps the most important movie in cinematic history. What a great experience.

I've seen this film before in a small classroom theater for a class once, but the real movie theater experience is completely different. As everyone knows, there is just something about seeing a film on the big screen.

No comments: